Here’s something new…
As we don’t know how much longer it will be before we can get back to full contact football, there is no point in setting up any more standard Longies Leagues, so here’s one that can run until we get the ok to start up again.
LADDER LEAGUE – How it will work!
- Games kick off at 8pm every Tuesday, from 7th July
- Maximum of 6 teams per week (first 6 to register play on the first week and have first ‘dibs’ on the second week, but new teams can join if spaces come up)
- Each team will play 5x 8 minute games (2 mins between games = 1 hour total)
- Pitch 1 is the top of the ladder, pitch 3 is bottom
- If you win your game, you move up the ladder, lose and you drop down. Win on pitch 1 and stay at the top of the ladder, lose on pitch 3, stay bottom!
- Win the final game of the 6 on the top pitch, and you win that week’s tournament!
- All 6 teams will get points from 6-1 depending on where they end the night (winners get 6 points, losers of the last game on the bottom pitch get 1)
- In the event of drawn games, the team that scores first is declared the winner. We have plans for deciding winners of games that finish 0-0…
- Teams who lost their previous game will kick off, giving them that very slight advantage
- To increase the pace and intensity of the shorter game, the time for each team to get their shot off is reduced to 5 seconds from first touch. If you fail to do that, the ball is returned to your opposition.
- All other rules remain as per the standard Longies rules
- We will play until the lockdown allows full contact football again, then the team with the most points will be the LONGIES LADDER LEAGUE WINNERS!
The league will start next week as long as we have 6 teams ready to go. Get in touch to reserve your place.